Are "notes" normative or informative in WCAG 2.0?

From: Glenda Sims <glenda.sims@deque.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 10:22:45 -0500
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
AWK, Michael Cooper,  c: WAI

Can you clarify if  a "note"  inside a normative section of WCAG 2.0 is
normative or informative?  If a "note" is only informative, where is that
documented?

I'm pretty sure I've heard that anything in a "note" is not normative.  But
I can't point to anything that makes that crystal clear.  And...perhaps,
I'm wrong.

Can you help settle this debate between Wilco and me?

*glenda sims* <glenda.sims@deque.com>, cpacc
<http://www.accessibilityassociation.org/certification>   | team a11y lead

        deque systems <http://www.deque.com>  accessibility for good