RE: progressbar role

Hi,

using a progressbar role should generally not "compete" with the media, because the progressbar role is not a live region. Sometimes it is used as a live region (with aria-live), but that is a different matter. You should be OK with the role progressbar (or timer, which has an implicit aria-live="off").

Do you have a test case? Do screen readers treat role="progressbar" as a live region?

Jan

--
Jan Hellbusch Accessibility Consulting
Chemnitzer Str. 50, 44139 Dortmund