Re: AInspector and Landmark Roles

Here is a link to ARIA Authoring Practices information on Landmarks:
http://w3c.github.io/aria-practices/#aria_landmark

Here is an example of Landmarks in use:
http://w3c.github.io/aria-practices/examples/landmarks/index.html

Jon

On 11/10/17, 6:54 PM, "Michael A. Peters" <mpeters@domblogger.net> wrote:

    An aside as I understand it is for content not directly related to the
    main content but may be of interest to the reader.

    For example in an article on math, in a section about Euler's Law, a
    very brief biography about Euler would go in an aside element. It isn't
    pertinent to Euler's law itself but is beneficial to the reader.

    In such a case, the aside should be a child of the section on Euler's
    Law rather than at the same level as the main element, should it not?

    I'm not defining a role to the aside, just using the aside tag as an
    aside tag but the landmark role of complementary seems to be implicit.