Re: Mechanism Disclaimer

A few questions for the working group to answer, or provide a path to
answer:

1. How does the author (e.g. web site owner, designer, or developer of the
element or page) know that all users have [the mechanism]?
        in other words does WCAG or W3C or WAI or who provide the
investigation or testing to determine if [it] is available in browsers and
then publish it somewhere as informative guidance?
        If a browser complies with UAAG 2.0 - it that a good indicator?

2. Can the Working Group choose a different term than "mechanism"?  such
as a "common browser feature" would be perhaps a better term.  In either
case, a good definition of "the term" is needed.  The common browser zoom
feature is a good scenario or example to use to explain.  I think using
the "user keyboard" is not a good scenario or example to explain the
concept.

3. "in all browsers" is a very problematic phrase.  And I pretty sure you
didn't mean it literally as in *all*.  So, when is there enough browser
that support the "mechanism"?  All the latest releases of the popular
browser, the top 3, top 4, n-2 or what?         In other words, as an
author (designer, developer, tester), I need enough information from the
Working Group (WG) to be able to test that I meet the criteria.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins
Senior Engineer & Accessibility Executive
IBM Research Accessibility
ibm.com/able
facebook.com/IBMAccessibility
twitter.com/IBMAccess