Re: EPUB readers and WAI-ARIA

Well, speaking only for myself my first recommendation is to remember there
are no such things as "blind readers."
There are readers, individuals, who may experience a level of sight loss,
who need to access epub content.
How those individuals prefer to do this  is unique, and not something
blanket or uniformly associated with their experience of blindness.
Therefore it may be to your advantage if you discover  the desires of the
group of individuals over which you have some direct influence, providing
as many choices as you can...so they can develop their own
personal preferences.
i respect this may seem like a small detail.  Still the more you think
talk, plan, or refer to  any group sharing a label as if they are
indistinguishable from one another, as if you can plug in blind person and
project a solution for all, the more frustrated your well intended
efforts are likely to be in the end.
  Again, speaking only for myself, I appreciate that robobraille can
convert
epub works into other formats.
rtf for example, text etc.
I admit I have never tried this with a work that might be technically
restricted in some way.
However, when I have sent epub files to robobraille, they have been
perfectly converted into the format I use...but that is just me.
Others with whom I may share a label  no doubt have their own preferences.
cheers,
Karen