From: Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 7 June 2016 10:59:49 PM
To: WAI Interest Group
Subject: RE: Accessibility of Archieved items

Ř  Can anyone please help me with the requirement about the accessibility of Archived items like blog posts, documents etc? Is this mandatory for WCAG 2.0?

Herin, conformance to WCAG 2 for archival content is dependent on the applicable laws and standards that apply to your organization.  WCAG 2 is a set of international voluntary consensus standards.  From a WCAG 2.0 perspective there are no exceptions for types of archival content.  Organizations, countries, etc. often take/adopt the WCAG 2 guidelines or similar and turn them into requirements.  So it really depends on the jurisdiction.  In the US there are often exceptions for archival content, e.g. in the Section 508 standards and in proposed standards under the ADA.

Jonathan

Jonathan Avila
Chief Accessibility Officer
SSB BART Group
jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com<mailto:jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com>
703.637.8957 (Office)
Can anyone please help me with the requirement about the accessibility of Archived items like blog posts, documents etc? Is this mandatory for WCAG 2.0?

Thank you,
Herin