Re: Screen Reader Survey for User Research Class

Hi Anh Hua,
You have gotten a lot of feedback already.
I'll just add a couple academic resources that I found very enlightening
and useful when I started on my masters degree 2 years ago. The 2007 study
on screen reader users by Lazar et al describes in detail how they designed
their data collection survey and signing procedures in a way to not
"frustrate" the people they wanted to study. Times have changed, so you
will make different kinds of adjustments to your methods; however, the
article is a nice example of how it takes effort and thought to design
inclusive research methods. Another useful read is an updated version of a
2008 paper on writing about accessibility by Hanson, Cavender and Trewin. I
hope you find these resources as useful and enlightening as I did. Good
luck with your studies.

Taliesin

Lazar, J., Allen, A., Kleinman, J., & Malarkey, C. (2007). What Frustrates
Screen Reader Users on the Web: A Study of 100 Blind Users. *International
Journal of Human-Computer Interaction*, *22*(3), 247–269.
http://doi.org/10.1080/10447310709336964

Hanson, V. L., Cavender, A., & Trewin, S. (2015). Writing about
accessibility. Interactions, 22(6), 62–65. http://doi.org/10.1145/2828432