Re: Let's add an approved date field to Failures and Techniques

Agree.

Failures are NEVER normative.   And they are never new.

Failures are simply documenting things that are ALREADY failures of SC.  They just document things that are commonly done that would fail to meet WCAG to make them obvious to those who do not see them.

Failures can never add nor subtract from WCAG.     Their full name is    “Common failures of WCAG SC”.

The only way to add something to WCAG or make something a failure that is not already a failure is to look to future versions as Josh points out.

gregg