RE: Re[2]: Let's add an approved date field to Failures and Techniques

From: Andrew Kirkpatrick [mailto:akirkpat@adobe.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 9:25 AM

My concern about date-stamping failures is that failures are not normative and we already have plenty of confusion about that.  Setting a date on a failure and saying that if a page was published before Jan 1, 2017 that the failure doesn’t apply is going to further confuse that. I recognize the value of the interpretation of standards to be able to easily adjust to changes in technology, but it is very tricky business and we will need to think carefully about how to best accomplish that.

I agree. Anything which tends to reinforce a perception that techniques/failures are normative is problematic, in my view.

Thank you for your compliance.