W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ig@w3.org > April to June 2016

RE: Accessible eLearning

From: Zhivi Williams <zhivi.williams@rccc.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 12:48:32 +0000
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
CC: Sarah Horton <shorton@paciellogroup.com>, "Macintosh, Kristy (OMAFRA)" <Kristy.Macintosh@ontario.ca>, "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, "<public-accesslearn@w3.org>" <public-accesslearn@w3.org>
Message-ID: <BN3PR08MB184217F896F48041C3F8B6C6F36C0@BN3PR08MB1842.namprd08.prod.outlook.com>
Hi Ian,
I would prefer to use that login name.  The email address I used was zhivi.wiliams@rccc.edu That is incorrect.  The correct email address is zhivi.williams@rccc.edu.  I left out one of the l.

Zhivi Williams
Educational Technology Coordinator/Instructor
Educational Resource Services
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
Office: 704-216-3477


-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Jacobs [mailto:ij@w3.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 8:46 AM
To: Zhivi Williams <zhivi.williams@rccc.edu>
Cc: Sarah Horton <shorton@paciellogroup.com>; Macintosh, Kristy (OMAFRA) <Kristy.Macintosh@ontario.ca>; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org; <public-accesslearn@w3.org> <public-accesslearn@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Accessible eLearning


> On Apr 19, 2016, at 7:43 AM, Zhivi Williams <zhivi.williams@rccc.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Ian,
> I tried that and it didn't work.  I get a message saying "There is an existing account request with this login".  I will change the login name.

Hi Zhivi,

If you prefer to keep the login name you began with, I can ask my colleagues on the systems team to have a look. Otherwise, yes, you can start with a new account name.

Ian

>
> Zhivi Williams
> Educational Technology Coordinator/Instructor Educational Resource
> Services Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
> Office: 704-216-3477
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ian Jacobs [mailto:ij@w3.org]
> Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 8:41 AM
> To: Zhivi Williams <zhivi.williams@rccc.edu>
> Cc: Sarah Horton <shorton@paciellogroup.com>; Macintosh, Kristy
> (OMAFRA) <Kristy.Macintosh@ontario.ca>; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org;
> <public-accesslearn@w3.org> <public-accesslearn@w3.org>
> Subject: Re: Accessible eLearning
>
>
>> On Apr 19, 2016, at 7:38 AM, Zhivi Williams <zhivi.williams@rccc.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Everyone,
>> I am also interested in joining the W3C Accessible Online Learning Community Group!  I requested an account but I typed the incorrect email address.  Is there someone I can contact to update my email address?  I am unable to validate my account.
>
>
> Hi Zhivi,
>
> Can you restart the account request process and use the correct address? I think that will work.
> If not, let me know:
> https://www.w3.org/accounts/request

>
> Ian
>
>>
>>
>> Zhivi Williams
>> Educational Technology Coordinator/Instructor Educational Resource
>> Services Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
>> Office: 704-216-3477
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Sarah Horton [mailto:shorton@paciellogroup.com]
>> Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 3:37 PM
>> To: Karen Sorensen <karen.sorensen@pcc.edu>
>> Cc: Macintosh, Kristy (OMAFRA) <Kristy.Macintosh@ontario.ca>;
>> w3c-wai-ig@w3.org; Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>;
>> <public-accesslearn@w3.org> <public-accesslearn@w3.org>
>> Subject: Re: Accessible eLearning
>>
>> Thanks for following up, Karen. It would be wonderful to have you join us!
>>
>> Our community group will not be producing deliverables, which makes the sign up process more straightforward — but still confusing! The way I understand it, you can sign up as an individual with an affiliation, but not representing your organization.
>>
>> I’m cc’ing Ian Jacobs who helped me out in the past with making sense of the signup process. And anyone else on the list who has insights, please share them!
>>
>> Best,
>> Sarah
>>
>> Sarah Horton
>> UX Strategy Lead
>> The Paciello Group
>> 603 252-6052 mobile
>>
>>> On Apr 15, 2016, at 2:16 PM, Karen Sorensen <karen.sorensen@pcc.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Sarah,
>>> I am interested in joining that group, but the agreements and terms are daunting. It would take so much time to get the necessary approvals for my participation, I'm not sure it's worth it. But I don't know. Any suggestions?
>>> I am the point person for online course content accessibility at our college.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Karen
>>>
>>> Karen M. Sorensen
>>> Accessibility Advocate for Online Courses www.pcc.edu/access
>>> Portland Community College
>>> 971-722-4720
>>> Twitter: @ksorensun
>>>
>>>
>>> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 6:01 AM, Sarah Horton <shorton@paciellogroup.com> wrote:
>>> Hi, Christy. You should join the W3C Accessible Online Learning Community Group!
>>>
>>> https://www.w3.org/community/accesslearn/

>>>
>>> Sarah Horton
>>> UX Strategy Lead
>>> The Paciello Group
>>> 603 252-6052 mobile
>>>
>>>> On Mar 16, 2016, at 8:48 AM, Macintosh, Kristy (OMAFRA) <Kristy.Macintosh@ontario.ca> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> I’m trying to connect with anyone that has been working towards developing eLearning that meets the WCAG 2.0 Level AA requirements. We are in the process of trying to understand how they requirements apply to eLearning and if people can share any lessons learned it would be greatly appreciated.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Kristy Macintosh
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the
>> North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third
>> parties by an authorized state official. (NCGS.Ch.132)
>
> --
> Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>      http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs

> Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447
>
>
>
> E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the
> North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third
> parties by an authorized state official. (NCGS.Ch.132)

--
Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>      http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447



E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized state official. (NCGS.Ch.132)
Received on Tuesday, 19 April 2016 12:49:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 19 April 2016 12:49:07 UTC