RE: the official definition [of web accessibility] from the W3C is wrong

From: Jan Eric Hellbusch <hellbusch@2bweb.de>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 13:56:33 +0100
To: "'Steve Faulkner'" <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, "'WAI Interest Group'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi Steve,

> "We need to change the way we talk about accessibility. Most people are
> taught that “web accessibility means that people with disabilities can use the
> Web”— the official definition from the W3C. This is wrong. Web accessibility
> means that people can use the web."

in an ideal world, the discussion might be worthwhile. As long as the vast majority of web sites is not even conform to WCAG's level A criteria, accessibility must still be explained in context of disability.

Jan Eric Hellbusch
Tel.: +49 (231) 33005825 oder +49 (163) 3369925
Accessibility-Beratung: http://2bweb.de
Blog: www.chemnitzer-14.de
Bücher, Artikel: www.barrierefreies-webdesign.de