Re: Accessible Testing Protocol for Mobile Website

From: Userite <richard@userite.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 20:06:29 -0000
To: "Mike Elledge" <melledge@yahoo.com>, "GLWAI Guidelines WG org" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi Mike,

At a practical level I find that, in addition to testing with the few handsets I have available, I use a Google feature under “More Tools/Developers Tools” to mimic a whole range of devices and notebooks. It sets up a window showing the output in the chosen device as well as displaying the html and css code. The mouse cursor becomes a grey dick to mimic the touch screen. So you can navigate any site as if you were using that device.

You still need a working knowledge of the guidelines of course, but nothing beats getting down to real usage.

Cheers
Richard