RE: Access to security indicators

From: Léonie Watson <lwatson@paciellogroup.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 13:48:49 -0000
To: <chaals@yandex-team.ru>, "'WAI Interest Group'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Chaals wrote:
"There are discussions in a lot of places about changing the little padlock
icons and so on that provide some feedback about whether a page is secure.

I am wondering how much of the world doesn't have access to that anyway,
making it more or less irrelelvant.

But there is a difference between problems that could arise and problems
that do. I'd love to find someone has collected a bunch of this - failing
which, would people be prepared to contribute examples to a wiki page, that
we could then use to help implementors see where they stand, what they need
to fix, and where the standards are lacking in support?"

I have some data about screen reader behaviour with respect to the padlock
icon and other security indicators in the browser. Happy to put it
somewhere.

Do you have a wiki location in mind?

Léonie.

--