Re: Access to security indicators

From: <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 18:34:30 +0300
To: 'WAI Interest Group' <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
- lwatson@

08.01.2015, 16:48, "Léonie Watson" <lwatson@paciellogroup.com>:
> Chaals wrote:
>> … there is a difference between problems that could arise and problems
>> that do. I'd love to find someone has collected a bunch of this - failing
>> which, would people be prepared to contribute examples to a wiki page, that
>> we could then use to help implementors see where they stand, what they need
>> to fix, and where the standards are lacking in support?"
>
> I have some data about screen reader behaviour with respect to the padlock
> icon and other security indicators in the browser. Happy to put it
> somewhere.
>
> Do you have a wiki location in mind?

I put some random scribbles into https://www.w3.org/Security/wiki/Accessibility which seems as good a location as any.

I also started a brief discussion in webappsec - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webappsec/2015Jan/0087.html and replies. Which brought out that there are accessibility considerations baked into some security specifications already.

cheers

Chaals