Re: deeply nested headings

I agree with Wayne.

If you are using true HTML, I would use an H6 tag and appropriate labels/CSS as needed. Although ARIA support is advancing, it’s not always consistent across screen readers and not all users are able to get the latest screen reader upgrade. If an item is tagged as H6, the traditional screen reader tech will pick up the H6 tag. It’s not necessarily important that all levels be distinguished, just that the heading is present.

Elizabeth

> On Apr 23, 2015, at 11:28 AM, Wayne Dick <waynedick@knowbility.org> wrote:
>
> I think the role with new level is interesting, but a misuse of ARIA.  The problem is with the scope of HTML.  This is probably an ePUB issue.  Publication and testing need more robust semantics than HTML has to offer.
>
> Wayne

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Elizabeth J. Pyatt, Ph.D.
Instructional Designer