Re: Current suggestion for subheading isn't accessible

Hi Ian,

>How about introducing a new element and add accessibility semantics to it?

that involves 2 things
1. getting a new element added to HTML (i.e. implemented by browsers)
2. defining the accessibility semantics (which is not done in HTML, its
traditionally defined via accessibility APIs, of late some new role states
and properties have first been defined in ARIA then have made there way in
native HTML features).

>People are used to using <h2>-<h6> elements for subheading/subtitle.
>That obviously is because we lack an element for that.

if you look at the markup patterns authors use <hx>title<hx>subtitle is but
one of a range of methods people use. It is in no way the most common
method.

>Yes, I know. But we cannot rely on CSS to indicate the semantics.

the example you cited does not as duff suggests the distinction is
stylistic not semantic.

--

Regards

SteveF