Re: Current suggestion for subheading isn't accessible

From: Ian Yang <ian@invigoreight.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 00:26:35 +0800
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 12:02 AM, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
> simply adding an element does not add accessibility semantics (see my
> response to denis)

How about introducing a new element and add accessibility semantics to it?

People are used to using <h2>-<h6> elements for subheading/subtitle.
That obviously is because we lack an element for that.

> the example you provided is displayed in the browsers as
>
> Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
>
> the following example:

> Lorem
> ipsum
> dolor
> sit
> consectetur
> adipiscing
> elit.</span>
>

> is displayed
>

> Lorem ipsum dolor sit
> amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
>

> --
>
> Regards
>
> SteveF
> HTML 5.1

Yes, I know. But we cannot rely on CSS to indicate the semantics.

Sincerely,
Ian Yang