Re: Using aria-labelledby instead of <label> element

Hi Michael,

"One point of consideration is whether your "data table" is really a data
table in this context, or if it is actually a presentation table that is
using the col and row headers as labels. That may seem like a fine
distinction, but housing inputs in a data table can potentially affect the
behaviour of some assistive technologies."

definitely, use of tables for layout in this context or any is not good, we
find a lot of this in web based applications, but role=presentation is a
viable option if the tables cannot be removed.

>We recommended using the aria technique unless backward compatibility was
an issue.

agree

regards
steve