Re: Advice About JQuery Accessibility

Jim,
This is creating a 'custom link' apparently.
Imagine an anchor tag like
<a name="content" id="content" tabindex="-1"></a>
This could be the target of a skip link but this anchor tag is not
exposed as a link by assistive technology. It also has no text
within..
Now the example you give is perhaps styled to look as a link, contains
anchor text but has no href attributes or a role that  conveys that
the element is a link. So it fails SC 4.1.2 (A) and maybe SC 2.1.1
(A).
Hope this helps.
Sailesh Panchang
Deque Systems