RE: Evaluating an iframe-based website

[Ramon wrote]
> My question comes because I feel that I cannot consider the iframe-based
> content as separate from its parent, because it could lead to failures
> that would not exist when this content is in context (for example, heading
> structure, links purpose, multiple ways...). So I cannot separate the
> iframe from its context, but at the same it sounds a bit hard to me that
> one

You should be able to locate the URI for that frame from the DOM and the
crub trail  and indicate the site except that page meet the conformance
level criteria.

While I agree that the page cannot be taken out of its context as far as
reporting - for normative testing purposes I would generally test the each
iFrame was a page and the containing page as a separate page.  During
functional testing the pages together would be taken into consideration.

Jonathan