Re: approval

Hi Meliha,

Simple question, simple answer. There are four categories of problems,
people might have using a website

vision
hearing
movement
cognition

can be less than average or (partially) non-existent (like the ability
to see colors or to see with just one eye).

Some things, which can be a challenge in real life, do not influence the
usage of a website a lot: like sitting in a wheel chair.

I think this is clear. So just try to understand what needs have people
which cannot see. Can they use your site? How? It is quite easy to
support them: they use screenreaders, programs that read your content.
You have to provide ALL the content as text (also what is on your
pictures). Now disable your css and look at your pages: everything
should be linearly ordered in just one dimension: from top to bottom.
Make sure, that the content is provided in the correct order: does it
still make sense? Or do you use phrases like:  on the left you see... -
which is nonsense now, because there is no left or right ;-)

Try this with other disabilties. What is a problem for people that
cannot move very good: if they cannot put there arms way up in the air,
its propably no problem to use a mouse and keyboard, but if they have a
tremor, its very difficult for them to klick on tiny buttons and icons.

With this approach you can find out a lot about your own site. If you
like exoeriments: Just try to use your page with your feet instead of
hands, wear glasses for watching 3d-movies (these with green and red
"glass")

And further just use your imagination.

One thing which is difficult to understand: people whonever were able to
hear, normally do not speak even the language of there own country. They
use gestures for communication. So they cannot read your texts - at
least only with big difficulties. So try to keep your sentences short,
remain essentially, just write, like everybody should write anyway:
there are a lot of descriptions/tutorials out there in the web, How to
write texts.

You will see - all of this improvements will help everybody to use your
site - like already saif here: accessibility ist usability for everybody.

Good luck with your site!

Am 20.02.2012 10:59, schrieb Meliha Yenilmez:
> Hi Everone,
>
> I have two questions.
>
> First one, I want to learn our web site is accessible or not? How can
> our web site approval for accessbile or no?
>
> And second one, if our web page/pages is accessible,  who can give
> conformance logo/s?
>
> Thanks for all,
>
> *Meliha Yenilmez*

Marc