Re: any suggested alternatives to accessible version

Roger Hudson wrote:

>  From previous research I know that many web users do not understand
> what the term “accessible” means when it comes to web content. This
> appears to be particularly the case with older users of the web.

"easy to use"

The real problem though is that web pages are advertising and in
advertising you must not use anything that has negative implications
about your product.  Saying that there is an easy to use version of the
site implies that the main site is not easy to use (which while probably
true, is not something that the designer would want to admit, even to
themselves).  To be suitable for advertising copy, the words chosen must
not suggest that there is anything wrong with the main site.

"accessible" is a positive word, but sufficiently jargon that it doesn't
signal anything to the general public whilst still allowing someone
trained to use such pages to find it.

--
David Woolley