From: Karen Lewellen [mailto:klewellen@shellworld.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 9:59 PM
To: Jonathan Avila
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: RE: section 508 flaw?

Jonathan,
Grand wisdom as usual.
Can you remind me where to comment please?  Will share that as well.
frankly it seems obvious that one  should not use software or technology
that does not conform  to the standards, but to be honest?  I mean no
disrespect to the brilliant souls here, but the entire process of sharing
guidelines suffers dreadfully from bad or nonexistent pr.
I am still amazed that I have a letter from a financial institution
stating that the federal privacy act means they need not be compliant
either from a w3c standpoint or section 508.  Never mind their claim that
they can legally dictate to a disabled customer what technology they must
use...even with no experience using adaptive tools at all.
Truth be told no products that violate the standards should be on thelist
for procurement...at all.
Will certainly motivate vendors to create products that follow the rules.
Anyone consider writing a wcag for dummies series? smiles.
With more individuals doing the web work of large companies who cannot
wrap their brain around how those with  say no hands move a mouse, such
documentation might save allot of energy.
Karen