Re: Define "Complex Data Table"

Multiple header rows or columns are not a problem. The algorithm is
given in the HTML 4.01 Specification [1]. It says "search left from the
cell's position to find row header cells. Then search upwards to find
column header cells. The search in a given direction stops when the edge
of the table is reached or when a data cell is found after a header
cell." A complex table is one for which this doesn't work, such as when
  header cells are in a different row or column. The recommendation
doesn't seem to define what a complex table is (it doesn't use that
term) but provides an example and illustrates what the problem is.

regards,

Alan Chuter

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/tables.html#header-data

--
Alan Chuter
Departamento de Usabilidad y Accesibilidad