From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Subject: Re: Resize Text 1.4.4
To: "W Reagan" <wreagan1@yahoo.com>, "Richard_Userite" <richard@userite.com>
Cc: "Andrew Kirkpatrick" <akirkpat@adobe.com>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Date: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 7:20 PM

On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 13:59:21 -0400, W Reagan <wreagan1@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Therefore, it has to be reasonable that some browsers are exempt from testing because as I clearly stated Opera 9.6.4 had a bug in it, but when Opera gave me a download attachmen to Opera 9, I tested it and it worked. There is a new version of 10 in beta format.
>  With the bugs in 9.6.4, it is reasonable to assume that 10 will have the same problems.

No, it is not reasonable to assume that. Someone might have helpfully found an example like yours and pointed to it so that the bug gets fixed. You are also welcome to do so.

> The only question is which browsers need to be used and which to exempt during testing.

Actually, this is unfortunately not the case, unless you accept "all browsers that people use" as the list (which would require you to run about half a dozen operating systems and several different mobile phones).

cheers

Chaals

--Charles McCathieNevile  Opera Software, Standards Group
http://my.opera.com/chaals       Try Opera: http://www.opera.com