Re: Resize Text 1.4.4

There is no problem with statement 2 - Testing with different browsers. That is the way to check that your page transforms gracefully for all your users.

Are you a colleague of Chris Reeve?

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: W Reagan
  To: Richard_Userite
  Cc: Andrew Kirkpatrick ; Charles McCathieNevile ; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
  Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2009 6:59 PM
  Subject: Re: Resize Text 1.4.4

        Richard thanks for the definition. The problem I see with statement #2 is that I have viewed different pages (not including my own), in Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Netscape 9 (before they declared it was discontinued), and Opera. Some will retain it a third party website. Some will note. Also, there is a bug in Internet Explorer 8 which is causing failures up to 200%.

        Therefore, it has to be reasonable that some browsers are exempt from testing because as I clearly stated Opera 9.6.4 had a bug in it, but when Opera gave me a download attachmen to Opera 9, I tested it and it worked. There is a new version of 10 in beta format.

        With the bugs in 9.6.4, it is reasonable to assume that 10 will have the same problems.

        The only question is which browsers need to be used and which to exempt during testing.