Re: Resize Text (1.4.4)

Jonathan Avila wrote:
> Perhaps there is a bug in Opera?  My thinking regarding browser support
> for Zoom is similar to the requirements for “supported by assistive
> technology” which requires that there be a cross section of support w/
> AT for the web page but doesn’t require that it work with all forms of
> AT.  All information technology products have bugs/defects.  I would say
> that if the zoom feature works correctly across several major browsers
> that would be a good argument for conformance to this checkpoint.

Noting that I think Opera should acknowledge this is a bug, before one
accepts it as a bug, I believe there is a principle in statistical
quality control that if you get one failure in a small sample, you need
to use a much larger sample than would be acceptable for no failures,
before you can have reasonable confidence that failure was a statistical
fluke.

The situation here isn't quite the same, and the total population is
rather small, but I would suggest if you fail on two browsers, you test
on all the browser engine families that support zooming, before you
accept it as an outlier.

--
David Woolley