Re: Research on Website Accessibility

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 17:54:21 -0400, Cristina Vasilica
<cmvasilica@googlemail.com> wrote:

> *Please note that this email was sent previously and titled *'Please take
> survey', which was caught as spam. With many thanks to Shawn and Bruce,
> who raised the issue and with apologies for those who already read the
> email, I am re-sending the email with a different subject title. Thank
> you for understanding!

Hi Cristina,

part of Bruce's point is that you should have sent the mail from your
student account. You're asking for a bunch of information that people
consider pretty personal, from a googlemail account that could belong to
anyone.

In addition there is no evidence from your survey that you have any
privacy policy on the data given, that you will allow people to opt out of
being named, that you have talked to an ethics committee regarding
personal data, etc. In places like Europe and the US this is considered at
least a normal requirement of professional practice, and in some cases a
legal requirement as well.

cheers

chaals