Re: Public vs. Private information

John Foliot wrote:

> The problem:
> The issue is how to denote what is public and what is private to
> authenticated users (who are seeing both), given that for many (most) of the
> individual field returns it can be either.

How is the data displayed?

If it were in a table, for instance, I'd have an additional column to
denote private. Then, if it is private, you could have an image with
alt, some text that you style reasonably unobtrusively, or something
along those lines. You can then also complement this with styling the
entire row differently (adding a subtle difference in background colour,
perhaps).

 > This could conceivably produce a page with
> 12 - 20 "private icons", an issue in it's own right.

But if you DO need to indicate whether something is public or private,
then surely that becomes a non issue, unless I'm missing the nature of
the "issue"

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com
http://webstandards.org/