Re: accessible banking:

I think this issue is about on-line banking requiring the user to use
Internet Explorer and not other browsers.  (The do that for what they say
are security issues.)  I know some blind community reps have talked to the
B of A web folks about this in the past.  If anyone wants me to put them in
touch with our contacts -- who have been very supportive, let me
know.  Other banks with whom I have settlement agreements (and web
contacts) are Bank One/Chase; First Union/Wachovia; Sovereign; Citizens
Bank and Union Bank of California.  Wells Fargo does not have a web
accessibility agreement, but has done good work on the web site and has NFB
certification for some of it, so we have contacts there too.

Lainey

At 06:38 PM 1/31/2005, Kelly Pierce wrote:
>David,
>
>Are you saying that the Bank of America does not comply with priorities
>One and two of the Web Content Accessibility guidelines, version 1.0?  A
>few years ago it entered into a legal settlement agreeing to fully comply
>with WCAG.  either it isn't doing so or the guidelines are
>inadequate.  Another bank in the mid-Atlantic area where you live that
>entered into a similar agreement was Wachovia.
>
>I have had little contact with Bank of America.  I live in the only region
>of the country (the upper Midwest) that the bank hasn't fully entered.  in
>the last year, they have opened up a few branches here in Chicago but
>these don't have talking ATM's.  It's ironic considering that the bank has
>several thousand people based in Chicago, including a number of web developers.
>
>Kelly
>

>----- Original Message ----- From: "david poehlman"
><david.poehlman@handsontechnologeyes.com>

Lainey Feingold
Law Office of Elaine B. Feingold
1524 Scenic Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94708
(510) 548.5062
mailto:lfeingold1@earthlink.net

confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in
error, please e-mail the sender at lfeingold1@earthlink.net and delete it
permanently from your computer files.  Thank you.