Re: accessible banking:

From: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@handsontechnologeyes.com>
To: "Pawson, David" <David.Pawson@rnib.org.uk>; "Charles McCathieNevile"
<charles@sidar.org>; "wai-ig list" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 8:33 AM
Subject: Re: accessible banking:

> Often, an account cannot be set up which is what I have found in some
> cases.
> Some times, after that hurdle is jumped, the site can be more accessible.

**is that because of a technology issue or a political issue?  I went to
open up a brokerage account with a new broker because my current one doesn't
seem to know how to trade Canadian stocks.  It turns out that I couldn't
fill out a form online and wire money in as people could do in opening
accounts in the past.  I needed to photocopy a birth certificate or a
passport, provide multiple photo ID's in addition to my passport and
disclose a fair amount of personal information.  I decided to  visit a
regional office located in my city and let them handle the paperwork
nightmare created by George W. Bush and the USA Patriot Act in response to
Saudi Arabian terrorists funded with Saudi and Pakistani money who flew huge
planes into some big buildings a few years back.

Kelly