Re: Linux version of the colour contrast analyser 1.0

Stefen Cook wrote:

> I know this may be a big ask, but our designers have also expressed
> interest in a Mac version. The current Windows version is an essential
> tool that forced us to review our design approach.
>
> Cheers
>
> Stefen
>
> Steven Faulkner wrote:
>
>> We have had a number of requests for a Linux version of the colour
>> contrast analyser [CCA], a freeware
>> tool,(http://www.nils.org.au/ais/web/resources/contrast_analyser/index.h
>> tml), but do not have the skills to do this ourselves, is anybody who
>> does have the skills ,or knows someone, interested? if so please email
>> me...
>> The CCA is written in delphi.
>>
>> with regards
>>
>> Steven Faulkner
>> Web Accessibility Consultant
>> National Information & Library Service (NILS)
>> 454 Glenferrie Road
>> Kooyong Victoria 3144
>> Phone: (613) 9864 9281
>> Fax: (613) 9864 9210
>> Email: steven.faulkner@nils.org.au
>>
>> National Information Library Service
>> A subsidiary of RBS.RVIB.VAF Ltd.

I've posted this to the luv.asn.au main and programmer list.  But have
you looked at developing it in Kylix, which is the Borland Linux version
of Delphi.  I'm pretty sure the Open edition is free.  I do believe that
there may be portability issues though, but not real sure.  I'd check
with Delphi/Kylix programming groups.
http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_kylix.html

Regards
Geoff Deering