Re: Linux version of the colour contrast analyser 1.0

Steven Faulkner wrote:

> We have had a number of requests for a Linux version of the colour
> contrast analyser [CCA], a freeware
> tool,(http://www.nils.org.au/ais/web/resources/contrast_analyser/index.h
> tml), but do not have the skills to do this ourselves, is anybody who
> does have the skills ,or knows someone, interested? if so please email
> me...
> The CCA is written in delphi.

Steven, All

If anyone does re-develop this, maybe it would be appropriate to port it
to Java, so as to run on more than one or two platforms.  I'd imagine
that more people will have Java runtime environments on their machines
than, say, Perl interpreters or C compilers.  (And I say this as a Perl
programmer.)

I might put this on my list of "things to do when I get time" to write
at least part of the functionality in Perl, as a CGI programme.  Any
chance we can have a look at the source?  I'm sure that Delphi can't be
harder to read and understand than any other (well commented)
programming language.  Think I might even have Kylix on one of my machines.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy
South Australia