Re: Short and long descriptions for links

To answer your question(s);

*Question:* Is there a part of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
2.0, or earlier that talks about labeling text links?
*Answer:* Yes, WCAG 1.0 Checkpoint 13.1  ( Clearly identify the target
of each link. )

*Question:* I am looking for something that talks about using both short
descriptions and long descriptions as the label for the link, if this is
possible. These links do not have images and web pages are done in html.
*Answer:* Long Descriptions and Short Descriptions do not generally
apply to HTML hypertext links.

*_Summary:_*

You should distinguish links by specifying a value for the "title"
attribute.

For techniques for WCAG Checkpoint 13.1 refer to:
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS/#link-text

I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further questions please
don't hesitate to ask.

Matthew J. Giustino
mjg@giustiweb.com