Fw: Information about the user frustration study

Johnnie Apple Seed

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Pattison" <srp@bigpond.net.au>
To: "Access-L" <access-l@icomm.ca>
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 6:22 AM
Subject: Fwd: Information about the user frustration study

*********** BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE  ***********
From: mailto:JLazar@towson.edu Lazar, Jonathan
To: mailto:cdanielsen@nfb.org

WE NEED MORE PEOPLE TO TAKE PART IN THE USER FRUSTRATION STUDY!
The National Federation of the Blind and Towson University are
co-sponsoring a research study on the frustrations of computer users
who
use screen readers to browse the web. If you take part in the study,
all
you will need to do is record your frustrations while on the computer
for
a 2 hour period. When you return the fully accessible electronic forms
us, you automatically receive 50 dollars for taking part. In addition,
two
participants will be randomly chosen to receive 50 dollar gift
certificates to the NFB store. We need two hundred people to take part,
and at this point, we have received responses from only 50 people. This
is
an important research study for the Jernigan Institute and the screen
reader community. We cannot accept any data after January 1, 2005,
however, it's not too late to sign up. Please call the Universal
Usability
Laboratory at Towson University at 410-704-2612 or e-mail at
<mailto:nfbstudy@towson.edu>nfbstudy@towson.edu and we will send you
the !
forms immediately. Think of it this way: how often can you get paid $50
for complaining?

----------------
Dr. Jonathan Lazar
Director, CIS Undergraduate Program
Director, Universal Usability Laboratory
Department of Computer and Information Sciences
Towson University
8000 York Road
Towson, MD 21252
Phone: 410-704-2255