Re: accessibility at risk on commercial sites:

Going back to the original point:
>  We need for the giant commerce sites to provide access to a wider
> range of user agents.  I've been writing to them as I find them but
> there is a great reluctance in that community to widen their
> audience.  Please help if you can.

I tend to do the same; if it does not work in Mozilla (browser of choice), i
write to site owners.

More often than not, it has been a case of ignorance rather than arrogance.
Many developers are (still) unaware of the changes between javascript browser
sniffing as most commonly applied pre IE5.5/ Mozilla (and children), Opera 5+,
Safari etc - all of which have become DOM compliant. And very often site
owners are grateful for the feedback which allows them to have this corrected.

Harry
Ikhaya Internet Consulting
mobile : +44 (0) 794 034 3919
Good judgement comes from experience.