Re: aDesigner - was Re: Bobby - a bad tool

Phill Jenkins wrote:
> I won't comment on the other tools, but I do need to let you all know
> about a new kind of a tool from IBM alphaWorks called aDesigner.  It
> does things no other tools do.  It simulates barriers experienced by
> people who have disabilities so that Web designers can ensure that their
> pages are accessible and usable.
>
> It is available for evaluation from
> http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/adesigner

I notice that the requirements are for a Microsoft platform, although it also
requires a Java runtime environment.  Is there a pure Java version that can be
used by those of us who do not work on the Microsoft platform?

(I have one machine which may be dual-booted into Windows 98, which I use when I
want to test something in Internet Explorer.  This product isn't even listed as
working on that platform.)

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy