Re: Bobby - a bad tool

I would also recommend RAMP from Deque[1], I spent the last summer
researching accessibility tools for a government institution. I found
that Deque's software was the easiest to use by a person not trained
at checking web accessibility. I also found that it had the lowest
amount of false positives and false negatives.

I would not recommend CynthiaSays[2] or it's commercial version
AccVerify[3], I tested it extensively and found that it missed many
errors that Ramp did not.

I looked at InFocus[4] and LIFT[5] too. But I was not particularly
happy with these products. InFocus was okay but I found it slow and
not user-friendly for those nont experienced with HTML. And I couldn't
convince the people at LIFT to provide our organization to test how
well it worked so I don't trust it.

HTH,
Brent Morris

[1] http://www.deque.com