RE: Accessible Web Publishing Wizard for Microsoft Office (UIUC)

Jon responded:
> I don't consider $39.95 to be an outrageous sum for the
> Accessible Web Publishing Wizard.

Just my personal opinion here, but I am not sure that charging is a bad thing.  Perhaps iCITA could have been more forthcoming about the likelihood of the Wizard becoming a commercial product, but would most people really have withheld their feedback?  We saw a similar thing happen to Bobby, so who could really be surprised?

IMHO version 1.0 caused as many problems as it solved.  People who didn't know much about accessible HTML just ran the Wizard and blithely posted the results, assuming that they had addressed any and all accessibility issues.  If users are paying, or limited to [5 slides | 4K chars | 1 worksheet], one can hope that they will be more responsible with the results!  Perhaps this also puts more pressure on Microsoft to improve the HTML exporting capabilities of their products.

Jon also wrote:
> Version 1.0 is not available anymore because of the many
> bugs in it.

Jon, is there list of the bugs correct from 1.0a to 2.0?  I expected to find that here:
http://cita.disability.uiuc.edu/software/office/history.html

I too am somewhat chagrined to discover that this news is months old.  I am looking forward to trying out the new version!