RE: Is W3C Technology Fragmented or Unified?

Geoff Deering wrote:

> Is the W3C fragmenting the web with all these technologies or
> are we missing something?  Why can't best of practice
> XHTML/CSS/WAI address most of these issues?

This is exactly what I am saying with my call to reorganize WCAG 2.0. It
has to all fit together, otherwise the W3C is defeating its own purpose.

There is so much confusion or ignorance over W3C Recommendations that
most people simply ignore them. I have given presentations at my company
on HTML to web developers who have never even coded HTML by hand, and
wouldn't know the first thing about it.

Randal Rust
Covansys Corp.
Columbus, OH