RE: The Problem with WCAG (was RE: CSS Techniques for WCAG 2.0)

Yes, there is something similar in the USA ...

"On June 1, 1998, President Clinton signed a presidential memo requiring
agencies to use plain language principles for most of their written
communications."

Plain Language Action & Information Network
http://www.plainlanguage.gov/

w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org wrote on 08/23/2004 05:10:39 AM:

> In the UK the Plain English Campaign has been getting good publicity
> and some results for many years. A lot of "small print" and legal
> documentation now carries their Crystal Mark. Arguably something
> that wasn't Plain English could fall foul of the DDA and unfair
> contracts legislation, although I haven't seen any cases yet.
>
> They also produce some good guides to writing Plain English.  www.
> plainenglish.co.uk. No doubt there is something similar in the USA.
> I'll enjoy looking at John S's links.
> Regards
> Ian Litterick
> www.iansyst.co.uk
> www.dyslexic.com
> Support the Right to Read Campaign. Sign up at
www.dyslexia.org.uk/r2r.php
[snip]