RE: Breadcrumbs

I can't help but feel that in either case, having the text 'You are
here' at the start will only further cloud matters anyway; won't the
user (especially if using a screenreader) be more likely to interpret
that as meaning 'You are at the home level of the site' ? Even if not,
they are likely to find it ambiguous. Similarly using the greater than
or right-angle quote signs; these will sound very odd when read out.

To add my tuppence to the separator issue; my personal choice has been
to use the right arrow  character entity (→) and  hide it with an
image (Stuart Langridge's image replacement method), but as with other
character entities this won't work in some earlier browsers.

~Ben

(For those who may be interested)
Image replacement method: http://www.kryogenix.org/code/browser/lir/
My breadcrumb trail: http://dev.iansyst.net/quotes/

Unless obviously public, this email is confidential to the intended
recipient(s). If you received it in error please tell the sender and then
delete it. We check emails from dyslexic.com and iansyst.co.uk, but you
should virus check incoming emails. Emails do not always represent our
official policy or a contract. Errors and omissions are excepted.

iANSYST Ltd, Fen House, Fen Road, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 1UN. T +44(0)1223 420101;
Fax +44(0) 1223 42 66 44; Sales@dyslexic.com.