From: Julian Voelcker [mailto:asp@tvw.net]
Sent: 15 July 2004 14:30
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Text editor for CMS

Hi Mark,

> I'm looking for a rich text editor that can work with Microsoft CMS
> and can be set to output accessible HTML (AA standard) that
> validates to a minimum of 4.01 transitional. Does anyone know of
> one?

I have used Ektron's eWebEditPro - it produces valid XHTML and also is
highly customisable.

At the end of the day, as James has pointed out it is very easy for a
user to make a mess of things thus breaking any Accessibility
standards.

I chose the Ektron product because it has superb filtering of the mess
from MS Word pasted content and I can customise the interface so that I
can restrict and control the tools the users can use.  So now they
cannot add an image without providing alt text, they cannot add a link
without title text, they cannot change colours, font sizes, etc, they
can only apply one of a set of pre-defined styles, etc.

Cheers,

Julian Voelcker
Cirencester, United Kingdom

VirusChecked for the Incepta Group plc