Re: [W3C] default place holder for radio buttons- checkpoint 10.4

Of course you're right, and in a form where that question was deemed
appropriate this soluton might work but in the majority of real world
applications there are usually set responses that must be made. I don't
think there is a HR dept in the world that would dream of putting out an
application form where it was possible to enter one's gender as "other".
If I thought for more than five minutes I could probably come up with a
few other examples. This is digressing a bit from the topic now though...

A solution along the same lines might be to have a default radio button
labelled 'not answered' and validate the form submission for the
ocurrence of these and prompt the respondee to fill them in. Does anyone
see any problems with that?

--J.