Re: Recommendations - Content Management System

P.H.Lauke wrote:
>>We also restrict the options in the editor so that they
>>cannot change colours,
>>however some insist on an html view in the editor so there is
>>scope for them
>>to mess it up.
>

> You could process their input before committing it to file/database
> to strip out rogue tags/attributes (for the former, something like
> PHP's strip_tags function can come in handy
> <http://uk.php.net/manual/en/function.strip-tags.php>)
>
> But yes, I agree that - without proper training and guidelines for
> content managers, even a sophisticated technical system will still
> allow users to enter any old cr*p ;)

But controls and guidelines are often ignored
or the intentions avoided (deliberate cheapest-path to satisfy)
and in any case that approach isn't completely consistent
with open publishing (anyone able to publish content - how
does one get people outside an organisation to use guidelines ?)
so the argument leads back to the need for what can
be put in authoring the tools authors use (as is
implicit in the quoted post). Some
issues will remain as design-level of course.

Andy

--
andy
Andy Heath