SV: SV: Find As You Type (Mozilla) and ACCESSKEY

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 14:38, David Dorward wrote:

> How will providing a weak solution to the accesskey problem encourage
> browser authors to introduce a stronger solution? It seems rather like
> selling stronger sun block to encourage people to find Ozone friendly
> power sources. I would have thought it would have the opposite effect
> to that desired.

If the HTML ACCESSKEY is not used by any web page authors, producers of
browsers and other user agents could get the wrong impression, that there is
no need for access keys or something better to links in web pages.

The web page is king, HTML is king. It makes much more sense that a handful
of producers of user agents let a couple of coders change the user agents,
than for millions of web page authors to think out how to make good with the
one or two access key letters and digits left over from the user agents'
table.

Web page authors of the world should do every thing they can to promote the
use of the HTML ACCESSKEY as they like and they should not care if they are
overruling user agents' use of the same letters or digits. This is the way
we change the web for the better. Soon the user agents will find it better
to change their ways and they will give us better browsers, and even
something like "Find As You Type" that could save millions of web page
authors a lot of time.

Just think about it. The web page is king. Html is king. User agents are
only our servants!

Cheers,
Jesper Tverskov