Re: SV: Find As You Type (Mozilla) and ACCESSKEY

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 02:01:25 +0100, Jesper Tverskov wrote:
> The Mozilla implementation is far superior, second to none. But not as it is
> implemented as default at the moment. It took me several hours to try to
> figure out how it worked, and after a lot of frustrations I had to read the
> documentation before I saw the light. And I have already forgotten most of
> the documentation!

hmmm... it took me about a minute to figure it out, and I haven't had
any problems since. Of course I did start with the manual, the few
explicit prompts the system displays the faster the process can work,
but the more documentation is needed..

> But it depends on the willingness of other user agents to implement the same
> ideas. Why not put pressure on them by implementing first letter as HTML
> access keys already today on all our web pages, as proposed in my article
> ;-).

How will providing a weak solution to the accesskey problem encourage
browser authors to introduce a stronger solution? It seems rather like
selling stronger sun block to encourage people to find Ozone friendly
power sources. I would have thought it would have the opposite effect
to that desired.