Re: SV: Use first letter as ACCESSKEY

At 01:19 PM 2/25/2003, Jesper Tverskov wrote:
>A better solution could take
>5-10 years or more before it is implemented in more than 90% of the user
>agents, if we could ever agree on a better solution!

This is a really annoying number of years that keeps getting pulled out of
thin air repeatedly.  There is nothing to substantiate it, or to make me
believe it accurate.

Already from this thread we have some alternates to explore:

1) An implementation along the lines of Mozilla's Find as you Type.
2) Finding another trigger for accesskeys besides using the system modifier
key (which forces accesskeys into competition with OS accesskeys).

There, that didn't take 5 years to think of.

Bill Mason
Accessible Internet
w3c@accessibleinter.net
http://www.accessibleinter.net/