From: "Tim Roberts" <tim@wiseguysonly.com>
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 12:00 PM
Subject: Title and alt on the site logo.

Hello all.

Here are two scenarios which I would be interested in hearing opinions on
from list members. They involve "logos" on a site.

From a usability point-of-view it is suggested that linking a site logo back
to the home page of the site adds usability value.

However, in doing so the link may now be apparent through the value of the
alt attribute (or title if the logo only text).

What, then, is th ebest suggestion for populating these attributes.

for example
alt="Site Name: link to home page."

and obviously if the logo was textual, should a title of
title="links to home page"
suffice?

Tim