Re: Is time running out for the without STYLE SHEET guidelines?

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, David Woolley wrote:

> > as an aside, I'd like to know if there are any plans to produce a Lynx
> > type browser that accepts plugins, realplayer for example.
>
> Lynx is maintained by one or two people in their spare time.  Unless you

more like one or two dozen, sort of like Linux

> intend to write one yourself, you can safely assume that there are no
> plans, except in as much as I believe that Lynx already works with
> realplayer, in that I believe there is a command line interface to
> realplayer.

there is a lot avaliable for Lynx but most is usually not loaded by
default,

> At the moment, Lynx isn't really keeping up with being usable for real
> world web sites, as against well written ones.

well the latest update was Oct 2002, and the latest patch was 16 Jan 03,
seems they are keeping up and it is a VERY real solid well written web
browser that does what it was designed to do exceptionally well.

> I'd suggest that the only sensible starting point would be Mozilla.

Mozilla is an excellent GRAPHICS browser

> (Lynx itself is portable, primarily Unix code, which generally runs in
> console, not windows mode.  Most plugins are written for Microsoft Windows
> programs running in Windows mode.)

which is one of lynx's advantages, it will run just about anywhere on just
about anything, it is fast, clean and very very stable....considering some
of the communications links I've found in some countries Mozilla wouldn't
even link up with the web (nor IE, NS)  in fact only a solid stable text
browser would and then only at about 2400baud...but the data got
through.  remember as I try to keep reminding folks, this is a WORLD wide
web...not an American WWW.

Bob

    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.  Thanks